Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Past Halloween Projects: The Digital Clock


Starting out the tour of old projects from past Halloweens is the Digital Clock.  It isn't chronologically the first project, but it is the easiest to drag out of storage. Unfortunately, there are no before pictures or anything detailing the construction, but it was a pretty simple build.

One day, I found a wall clock in my mother's trash, and after inquiring what the problem was, I learned of its untimely demise.  I told her I would fix it, and, as you can clearly see, I did.  

The actual build consisted of simply creating a more witchy backdrop for the numbers of the clock in Photoshop.  The Dollar Tree had a package of fingers for sale (I still have 2 left, waiting for inspiration).  The fingers fit over the old hands, and the whole thing snapped together.   

It no longer "runs," but I'm sure somewhere in the land of the dead, it is slowly ticking away the minutes until the witching hour.  My mother didn't want it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment