Thursday, July 28, 2011

Walking Dead season 2 without Darabont?

So this is a surprise, at least to me. Apparently he is "stepping down," even though Walking Dead has been a complete and total Darabont production as soon as it left the comic pages. It doesn't sound like something he would happily walk away from.

After all the talk last season about trouble with the writers, it really has me wondering about the new season. Even if it's good, it's hard to deny that it's likely to have a completely different feel.

What could possibly cause this kind of thing?




My guess is an argument over zombie survival. Darabont probably got into it with the AMC execs about melee vs firearms.  I've seen these arguments in the past, and they can go on for daaays.




Well, that is a theory.

2 comments:

  1. Let's just hope he isn't defecting over to F/X to run their new show, "The Running Infected".

    I think the show will make it through this shakeup. AMC has had consistently great programming for the last five years now, and Robert Kirkman is still on the writing staff. While Darabont's absence will surely be felt, I've heard talk that they're still negotiating to keep him involved in a smaller capacity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive thoughts. I just worry, because for some reason it seems like zombie fiction is really easy to screw up.

    ReplyDelete